Use of a work without permission from the owner is considered a violation of federal law and subject to remedies outlined in the U.S. Copyright Law.
IT IS THEREFORE THE OBLIGATION OF A USER OF MUSIC TO FIRST OBTAIN PERMISSION FROM THE COPYRIGHT OWNER BEFORE UTILIZING A COPYRIGHTED WORK.
Clearing these rights can be costly and time consuming. Songs For The Planet, Inc. (SFTPI) offers a service to music users such as TV, Film, movie producers, web-designers, multimedia, corporations, software and advertising producers to efficiently clear these rights. The expertise SFTPI offers is a strong relationship with the music industry to acquire these rights in a timely and cost effective way. The music clearance service also requires an extensive knowledge of the rights involved, accurate copyright research, expert negotiation and contract administration.
With over 10 years of synchronization and other related contract negotiation experience, SFTPI offers a more professional and cost effective solution to a music users needs.
- Review project budget and cost estimate of usages
- Research copyright ownership and other rights that may need to be cleared (i.e. name & likeness).
- Research public domain status of works
FACILITATION OF REQUESTS
- Preparation of request letters
- Quote file set-up
- Negotiating quotes & license terms
- Prepare license requests
- Preparation of license agreements
- Revising and negotiating license agreements
- Preparation of cue sheets and filing with performing rights organizations.
for pricing quotes for song-clearing services.